Bethel Church in Enon Valley is hosting a Night of Praise for the Youth of our Presbytery July 19, 2018. Dinner will be at 6:30 p.m. There will be no charge for the dinner.
Our time of praise will follow around the bonfire.
We encourage our Youth to bring any instrument they feel proficient playing. Feel free to bring a friend or more!
We look forward to seeing you.
R.S.V.P. to Pastor Dodds' email by July 12, 2018.
- Pastor Dodds at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Friday friends,
I was thinking about the recent Summit gathering and some of thoughts that were shared. Knowing that most of us are working in smaller churches, I thought these resources might help. Over on my blog, I wrote about 3 of my favorite books that have been very helpful to me and my ministry.
These books are available on Amazon in both print and Kindle versions. I hope they are helpful for you!
Hi EPC peeps, something major has happened over the last 24 hours that has opened the door to an incredible opportunity. Youth Specialties is now under the management of Orange and Download Youth Ministry. While the implications of this partnership and the future of Youth Specialties is yet to be seen, the announcement came that the National Youth Workers Convention will happen from November 15-18, 2018 in St. Louis as planned.
Now here is where it gets crazy. To kick off the new ownership and to promote NYWC, the partnership announced that on April 26th, there will be a one-day only discounted registration fee of $99 to the first 1000 registrants.
NYWC at full cost is over $300 per person. That's all most 4 days of seminars and training, general sessions, and the massive exhibit hall for over $300.
BUT on April 26th, you can register and pay ONLY $99 PER PERSON!!!
Friends if you have ever thought about attending NYWC, but cost has prevented you from doing so, here is your opportunity!! Registration begins on the 26th at 12:01 a.m. A $300+ conference for only $99!!!
This year's convention is in St. Louis. And while $99 covers your convention fees, there is still the expense of travel, hotel, and meals. And yes, that could add up. But here's why being part of a network can benefit all of us.
If you are interested in attending this year's NYWC, I would suggest you register on the 26th as early as possible. The discount is only available to the first 1000 registrations. And rumor has it, that gold members of DYM have first crack at the the discounted price, so some people are already registering. So don't wait too long to do so on the 26th.
Now, once you have registered, let me know. If a good size group of us decide to go, I would suggest that we come up with a plan to possibly car-pool and share hotel rooms. By doing so, we could more then split the cost of what it would be if we were to tackle these expenses on our own.
For those of us who are adventurous, the drive is a little less than 9 hours; a straight shot west from the Pittsburgh area. We could split the cost of a rental van, or use a church van if someone has one available. Then we just split the gas.
Hotel rooms usually range between $90 to $150 depending on where you stay. Multiply that by 3 or 4 nights and you can have a pretty high bill. But split that with a roommate and you only pay half the hotel fee. There are also ways to get free wi-fi and free breakfast, if you're willing to stay at the right hotels. Free breakfast is always a good thing for the budget.
So if you are interested, let me know. We could make this a fun trip!
Now I will let you know that I will probably be on staff that week so I will already be taken care of. But I would love to help you guys come and experience NYWC! Just let me know.
At our Coffee and Conversation, Jen B. suggested this book as a helpful resource, Kingdom Families, be Trevecca Okholm.
"this book addresses the cultural influences that have taken our focus away from God's intended purpose for marriage and family and, through analysis and practical suggestions, recalls marriages and families to the purpose for which God intended them in the first place--namely, to serve God's Kingdom as witnesses to a world desperately seeking deeper purpose and authenticity."
We are just days away from the 2018 EPiC Winter Retreat at Beulah Beach. We are scurrying to get all the final details about the retreat out to all of our groups!
Here is the latest news...
- The 2018 Breakout Session descriptions and the youth leader tally sheet are now ready for download. You can go to the EPiC retreat page, or click here - BREAKOUT SESSIONS. Print out the breakout descriptions and share them with your students. Then use the tally sheets to record your students choices. The tally form will then need to be emailed to Jay H. so we can organize the sessions prior to Saturday morning.
- Invoices are due! You should have received an email with your groups retreat invoice! These invoice need to be paid and resubmitted to Martha Schartner prior to the retreat.
- This week we sent out the Pre-Arrival Packets with important information for the upcoming week. If you missed this email, you can find the packet on the retreat page as a .pdf that you can print out.
We are looking forward to seeing you this weekend at Beulah Beach!
Greetings youth workers!
Let me begin by saying, thank you! Thank you for registering for the 2018 EPiC Winter Retreat!
We have been overwhelmed by the response from so many of you! None of us on the planning team thought the retreat would have grown so quickly.
I am writing on behalf of the planning team to share some important information concerning the retreat.
PLEASE BE SURE TO CAREFULLY READ THE ENTIRE POST!
1. The time has come to confirm your registration numbers! We need every registered group to confirm their final numbers, students and adults, by Thursday, January 18th, at 4:00 p.m. We are overbooked, so if you reserved beds that you no longer need, please let us know.
2. Upon receiving your confirmed numbers, an invoice will be generated and mailed to you requesting payment. Your payment will be due and required before we send your final retreat packet. All payments will be sent to Martha Shartner at First Presbyterian Church, Beaver.
3. Pizza. Last year many of us participated in small pizza parties on Saturday night. The pizza option is again available. However, there has been a small increase in price. If you would like to order pizza for your group on Saturday night, you may do so. The price is $7 per pizza. You can include your pizza order with your confirmation email.
MAKE YOUR CONFIRMATION
SEND YOU CONFIRMATION TO: email@example.com
- Include number of students and number of adults
- If you are ordering pizza, include the number of pizzas.
Thank so much. We look forward to seeing you at EPiC 2018!
We are so excited at the overwhelming response for the 2018 EPiC Winter Retreat! Our planning team met on Thursday, January 11th, and we are looking forward to welcoming all of you!
Here are a few things you need to know!
Thank you to everyone who has registered for EPiC 2018. It's going to be exciting!
If you are reading this, you're probably someone who works with students in your church. Awesome so do we!
Who are we? Great question.
We are a group of youth workers who serve in churches that are part of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, locally known as the Presbytery of the Alleghenies (PoA). We are scattered throughout the Allegheny Valley in western Pennsylvania, eastern Ohio, southwestern New York, and northern West Virginia. We come from different backgrounds and experiences, cultures and traditions. Yet, we share one thing; a passion for seeing students come to know the love and grace of the God who is calling them to something amazing!
It is our desire to glorify Christ by uniting PoA student ministries in worship and fellowship. We accomplish this through a variety of ways including retreats and activities for our students, and regular gatherings for youth workers.
We have recreated this website to allow us the opportunity to grow our community, connect ministries, offer support and encouragement to youth workers, and to serve as a central location for all things related to youth ministry in the PoA.
We are EPiC Student Ministry, and we would love to get to know you! If you are serving in a student ministry within the EPC, or more locally, the PoA, we would love to hear from you! Visit our contact page and complete the contact form, or leave a comment below. We will be in touch with you!
We are local, active youth workers, serving in churches within the Presbytery of the Alleghenies of the EPC. Our hope is to share our successes and our failures, the things we are learning, and tips and thoughts as we minister to our students. Click on the link below to get to know us.